Geologic, Geographic, and Technology Consulting Services for the Energy Industry
Goolsby & Associates, LLC was established by Jimmy Goolsby in 1998 to provide geological services to the petroleum, and extractive mineral industries. The "LLC" is based on a working knowledge and understanding of oil, gas, and mineral industry exploration and exploitation. On January 1, 2000, Andrew Finley became a partner in the company and Goolsby & Associates, LLC was changed to Goolsby, Finley & Associates, LLC in 2001. Andrew purchased Jimmy's interest in the Company in 2016. Jimmy remains active in the business and continues to have a large impact on GF&A's success.
GF&A, LLC, is a geologic consulting group that specializes in petroleum and mineral extraction, as well as injection wastewater disposal assistance. Our team has extensive geoscience techniques and skills that allow us to cater to our clients' needs by customizing to their project. Our geologists are licensed and certified by the Wyoming Board of Professional Geologists. We provide geologic exhibits and expert geologic testimony to the Wyoming Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, BLM, DEQ and legal proceedings.
The firm is active in the geologic community by continually volunteering and serving multiple petroleum related organizations. Three members of the firm are past presidents of the Wyoming Geologic Association. Jimmy is a board member for the Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute. Julia is a former President of the Rocky Mountain Section of AAPG and is currently AAPG's Section Chair. Members of the firm are continuously active with presenting to groups (AAPG, SPE, WGA, Rotary, etc.), giving geologic field trips and involvement with conference planning.
GF&A is highly regarded within the geologic community and that speaks volumes about the execution of various projects for clients over the past 18 years. Our purpose is to provide geologic expertise which assesses risk, identifies opportunity and maximizes potential of each prospect.
- Geologic support for Helis Oil in the Southern Powder River Basin
- Geologic support for Carpenter and Sons, LLC
- Geosteering of numerous horizontal wells
- Geologic evaluation of prospects and properties for purchase and sale
- Internal identification, evaluation and preparation of prospects for sale to and development by industry
- Class I and Class II disposal wells
- Geologic testimony for 100's of oil and gas hearings across Wyoming
- Numerous mineral estate evaluations
- Geologic support for 100's of permits in the Powder River Basin
- Geologic support for the establishment of multiple Federal Resource Units
- Geologic support and feasibility studies for secondary recovery units in Wyoming
- Local and regional detailed reservoir studies across active and potential exploratory targets
- Industry Field trips illustrating reservoir geology for relevant target formations in Wyoming
- Ongoing development and maintenance of comprehensive geologic database across Wyoming which is leased and utilized by multiple companies
- Technology RFP evaluation for Enhanced Oil Recovery Institute